The Union Glass Company of Somerville, MA, was located at 52 Webster Avenue. On the corner of Webster and Prospect Streets in Somerville, MA. It was founded by Amory and Francis Houghton in 1854. The company florished and grew until the winter of 1857 when ( ) and the company fell into deline and had to reorginise in 1860/61. The company reopened resuming business under the new name of The Union Glass Works. The Works were kept operating by the Houghton's until May of 1864, when the factory was purchased by a new company, K.S. Chaffee as president and treasurer, and the original name of "Union Glass Company" was taken. In the late 1890's the company was turned over to Julian De Cordova who operated the plant until it's closing in 1924.